Monday, August 4, 2008

It's amazing!

It's been 15 years, 15 YEARS, since American males of all ages were initially titillated by a trio of Aerosmith music videos featuring the pouty-lipped, potty-mouthed, flaxen-haired harlot embodied so beautifully by young Alicia Silverstone. A Catholic school girl on the lam... navel piercings, stripteases, purse-snatcher beatings, bungee jumping off a freeway overpass... truly, a hot-ass little hellion hunting for trouble! God, it was beautiful! The songs themselves? Eh, they were, at best, below-average to feculent... certainly not amongst the highlights of the Aerosmith catalogue. Hell, I don't think I could tell one from another... they all sounded the same. That being said, in this instance, it wasn't about the music, it was about the muse... and her sultry siren song of sin! You simply couldn't turn away. Please enjoy for yourself...



I will admit, I'm not really all that up on what kind of music the kiddies are bop-bop-bopping along to these days, but I do know this, I haven't seen an actual music video for any song released post-1997... well, I haven't seen a video for a song that isn't about marijuana use, high-end cognac or champagne consumption or a mouth full of gold teeth. Having established this, it is my assertion that Alicia Silverstone is, and will remain, the last great music video vixen. Of course, I shouldn't sell her career short... she starred in Clueless, which was a big hit at the box office. She also did that movie where Benicio del Toro kidnaps her... and, um... hmmmmmmmmm. Did I mention Clueless?

God bless you, Alicia... wherever you are, you crazy, amazing, cryin' cutie! XOXO

No comments: