Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mmmmmm... That's Good Paste!!!

Over the weekend just passed, I had the pleasure of spending some time with a German friend who was in town for a few days. Her last night here, she, my sister, my brother-and-law and I all went out for sushi. I, being a non-seafood eating vegetarian... and a fat ass, consumed one of every meat-free item on the menu. Most interesting amongst said dishes was the plum paste and mint roll. You see "plum" and "mint" and your thoughts naturally turn to things of a sweet nature, but this was definitely savory, with a very unique, yet quite pleasant flavor... and it had an interesting heat to it... not the kind that has you gulping down your green milk tea, but the kind that slowly creeps down the back of your throat and up into your sinuses (and that's before the eye-watering dose of wasabi). All in all, a yummy experience.

No comments: