Friday, August 29, 2008

Today's Flotsam and Jetsam

Couple o' things that struck me in one way or another today...

As most of you probably aren't aware of, the U.S. Open (it's tennis) is currently being played in the New York City area. I came across a feature article in the New York Post about an amputee working as a ball girl... the headline for this story? Foot Fault? No! Ah, gotta love the Post!

And there's this... I was watching G4 television (formerly Tech TV) earlier today, and I guess I wasn't particularly interested in whatever it was they happened to be discussing, because I found myself actually reading the obnoxious "newscrawl" running at the bottom of the screen... and a lovely little nugget from that infostream jumped out at me... apparently the director of Rush Hour 3 (honestly, I didn't realize a Rush Hour 3 had been made) is very interested in making a film based on the "Guitar Hero" video game. I don't know about you, but that one sounds like an Oscar-winner to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you watch Attack of the Show? If you don't you should. Olivia Munn is a goddess.

Ted said...

Oh yes... yes, I know of this show... and I know of this woman. She is what I like to call good television.